4 chicken drumsticks (roasted in advance)
1 medium potato diced
1 sweet potato diced
3 carrots diced
1 leek sliced
1 large onion chopped
half a cabbage (any cabbage is fine) shredded
half cup of peas
half cup of sweetcorn
1 dried chilli
10 peppercorns (can add more or less if you fancy)
1 clove garlic crushed
2 and a half pints of water (can add a bit of veg stock to this if you feel like it)
1 heaped teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon red pesto
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil (or veg oil)
salt and pepper to your own taste
- Remove the meat from the drumsticks, then boil the bones with bayleaf, chilli and peppercorns and skin for 1 hour in 2 pints of water.
- Soften the onion and leek in the butter, oil and add the garlic.
- Drain the bones into a seive and keep the stock to put back in the pan. Pick off any remaining meat.
- Add everything else to the stock, bring to the boil and then let simmer away for at least another hour.
- Put half the mix in the blender and blitz, then add back to the pot - voila a yummy full of goodness soup.
One big bowl later and I already feel the cold shifting. Could be wishful thinking but my money is on the food...